One Tree Hill; A 2000s Teen Drama that Saved My Life

To my dear readers,

Copyright ©  All rights reserved
Image by the WB

    Two years ago, I began watching a television series called ''One tree hill'' and knew nothing about it whatsoever. I only knew that the leading star ''Chad Michael Murray'' was in it, and that it'd be best to give the show a chance.  One night I began to watch the ''pilot'' episode hoping that I wouldn't be bored, and falling asleep through it during the first five minutes. 

I was just a viewer trying to grasp the story, and trying to remember the main characters names. It was hard at first as it was starting off with a basketball game (which I could care less about I might add).  

Suddenly, something happened; Forty Five Echo started to play in the background of the scene, and I knew from that moment on, that I was hooked.


The story takes place in a small town called Tree Hill where half brothers Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Nathan Scott (James Lafferty) also happen to live. Their father Dan (Paul Johansson) abandoned both his first born, Lucas and his mother Karen Roe (Moira Kelly) just at the age of seventeen to play college basketball. 

He eventually moved on to another woman named Deb (Barbra Alyn Woods) and married her, having yet, another son;Nathan. 


   Raised to despise his older brother, Nathan feels the need to make Lucas feel unwelcome, more so, when he discovers that he will become his fellow teammate to ''Tree Hill Ravens.'' Along the way, more characters become much more involved including Lucas's uncle Keith, (Craig Sheffer), Peyton Sawyer, (Hilarie Burton) Nathan's girlfriend and Lucas's infatuation, alongside being a tree hill cheerleader & tortured artist. Brooke Davis, (Sophia Bush) best friend of Peyton Sawyer, and head cheerleader for the Ravens. And lastly, my favourite; Haley James, (Bethany Joy Lenz) best friend of Lucas & school tutor whom has a tinge of clumsiness and an amazing hidden talent that wouldn't be revealed until later. 

With the amount of great story lines, talented actors and incredible music, this show has been known to be my favourites, sometimes even a coping mechanism.


Season 1

    Throughout season 1 I found myself binge watching the whole season, without any hesitation. Even though there are nine seasons of this series, this season has to be my favourite, as each episode left me hanging at the edge of my seat, excited to see what was in store for the next episode. Not only are the story lines great, (trust me every season will have you craving for more) but this was the beginning of everything, and without a start of a series, there wouldn't be another season!


"Do not let your fire go out. Sparked by irreplaceable spark. In the hopeless swaps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, and never been able to reach. The world you desire can be one. It exists. It is real. It is possible. And it is yours."

-Lucas Scott OTH 1x02

                                                                       Copyright © 

                                                                   source Youtube


Season 2

Copyright © 

                          Image by Google.


    After anticipation throughout the first season, I had high hopes for the second one. It was fun to watch how the story of the characters grew, and how we got to discover more music, and bands displayed in the show. Not only were the stories filled with more drama that I felt like any teenager could relate to some of the stories that the characters were going through. This wasn't one of my favourite seasons, but it's definitely worth the watch!


 
SEASON 3-

      

 Now on the third season, I couldn't have felt even better now remembering this was just a show. All the different possibilities in the third season left you yelling at the television, and even cursing under your breath. There was definitely some good moments that made you want to join the characters, but there was also worse parts that made you glad you weren't living in ''Tree Hill.'' Actually this season wasn't bad at all, it was great to watch, and even great to cry at some points. This would have to be my second favourite season out of the series due to realistic situations, and again cliffhangers making you drawn to the show.


"Does this darkness have a name?  This cruelty, this hatred.  How did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us, that we now send our children into the world like we  send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing some would be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?"   

-Lucas Scott OTH 3x16



 Copyright © 

                                                                                  Source Youtube

Season 4

    Watching another season of One Tree Hill finally made me admit to myself that I was hooked. The only difference was the acting in the season was phenomenal. Don't get me wrong, the other seasons were amazing which it is in the other seasons, but watching this season made me believe that that the actors were now developing from okay actors to outstanding. Even though there was some cringey parts of the season that made you want to turn off the television screen, again the story lines kept you for wanting more. Well, at least for me which is why this season was my third favourite.

  Copyright © 

                                       Image by Sites at Penn State

SEASON 5

        This season had great moments, that make you feel like you're living in the ''real world'', other times it just made you want to storm off in a fit of rage. There was definitely scenes that I could've lived without, but overall this season was alright. Personally this wasn't my favourite season, actually I think it was my least favourite as there was too much drama that was unnecessary for the story lines, and for both the characters and the show

SEASON 6

Season 6 wasn't terrible, it was pretty good in my opinion. Though, I do wish that they would've stopped with the creepiness that they headed the show into. Other than that, the characters were on their way to reaching their dreams, and others, not so much. But after season 4 the show headed to the 'Real world'' which I give some points to it for not making it all ''unrealistic'' Other than that season 6 was far better than season 5 in my opinion.


Copyright © 

                                                                              Image by Google 

Season 7

    A lot of people give this season hate and doubt, but it's understandable now that the show was starting to repeat itself, including some characters. What kept me watching this season was Bethany Joy Lenz's acting in this season. She was so into her character, that I actually felt that she wassn't acting, that it was real. The story lines were starting to unravel with repetitive ones, but other times it gives you realistic situations including such dark moments that make you burst into tears, crying your eyes out. Some say this was a terrible season, but I say they were wrong, and quickly gave a judgmental review to it, without actually watching it.


Season 8

Season 8 wasn't awful, but it could've had a little tweaking to it, to make it better. While watching this season I have to say there were pretty humorous scenes, and the sad ones were relatable, but it wasn't ''my cup of tea'' anymore. It felt like I was watching a different show. It wasn't terrible, but I don't blame anyone for not watching it.


Season 9-

I read everyone's comments before I watched this season stating ''it's the worst season out of all of them'' or that ''This is trash'' but I kept my head up high, trying to prove them wrong. Actually it wasn't bad, I understand why people quickly judged it, and actually felt hatred, but it gave an ending to the show, that I say was ''heartwarming'' as it started from where it began. Many of you will think I'm crazy, or many of you may not. Either way you will either hate it, or like it, but this season deserves more recognition, and positivity to it.


  Copyright ©  Image by Pinterest

       

 









 Copyright © 

                                                                           Source Youtube

   

 After watching all the seasons of ''One Tree Hill'' I found myself thanking the creators, the actors, the producers, the directors, anyone who had the connection to this show, making it what it was. Without the same people I believe it wouldn't have been the same as it was, or even remotely worth watching. With this review I'd put my heart and soul into this, as I'm sure they did with this series. After a long period time of thinking of what rating this show deserves, I'd say 9/10. Because even though the seasons started to bore me, I found great advice from this show, and memorable quotes to go along with it. Without this show I believe my destiny would've been different, same with my passion of writing, and turning this dream into a reality.


 Thank you ''One tree Hill'' and after this review I hope you consider watching this show if you haven't already.


Sincerely,

WritersJournal&WJ

Comments

Popular Posts